Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On Texas leaving the Union...

Jason posted this on his Facebook page this afternoon asking those advocating that Texas leave the United States to stop.  He wrote:

Dearest FB friends advocating for a peaceful secession of Texas from the Union: please stop.  Just stop.  There are a number of reasons why you should stop:  A) We tried already, and unless my eighth grade history is failing me right now I seem to recall we lost; B) There is no such thing as a peaceful secession, again, we tried this already; C) What you are advocating is on the wrong side of the line that separates free speech and sedition; D) This is why on occasion people outside our fine state think we are idiots; and E) There are a bunch of hardworking men and women doing things you either can't or don't want to do that are a long way from home.  They are working for their country, not our state.  I could go on, but I don't think facts and data would have the effect I am hoping for.

I hope you realize that our state has the 15th largest economy in the world (insert whatever rah rah random fact you'd like) because it is operating in the American system, not despite it.  So again, stop.  If not, and you would like to see what a theocratic nation with a weak central government looks like, feel free to come to Afghanistan.  I am sure they would love to have you over here.

Love,
Me





No comments:

Post a Comment