Friday, August 31, 2012

Are we there yet?

So far we haven't heard anything from Jason to indicate that he has made it to COP Khiliguy, although he hoped that they would be in COP Khiliguy this morning, Afghanistan time.  Speaking of Afghanistan time, it is nine and one half hours ahead of central standard time.  That's right, nine and one half hours.  Why the half hour?  I am not quite sure although Sally tells me there is an official explanation that has something to do with the sun. 

Jason did try to call me yesterday and talked to Leah, my trusty assistant.  I was in a meeting outside the office so I was really disappointed.  We think he also tried to call Sally, but she didn't get the call either.  Hopefully he will have some ability to call from COP Khiliguy, at least on an infrequent basis!  

There is also a post this morning on 3-7 Facebook page from the head of the 3-7 Cav, LTC Varney which indicates:

Our Main Body 1 Troopers have all arrived---safe and sound...We are all in the transition stage for the next two weeks until we formally take over the mission.  Thanks for all of the positive postings.
R/
LTC Varney

When and if we get news confirming that the Bonecrushers have made it to COP Khiliguy I will let you know.  In the meantime, keep the faith...



No comments:

Post a Comment